Wednesday 17 August 2016

First Post & Turkey Placemat

This is the first post of my brand new blog, so an introduction is in order. My name is Petra, and I plan to use this to showcase my WIPs and finishes and any other crafty things I participate in. I mostly do needlework, such as cross stitch and crochet. I'm not sure what else to say, just thank you for visiting and enjoy. :)

We're only midway through August, but my mind is already thinking holidays! Before you know it, they're upon you and you're left struggling to understand where the time went. I don't want to experience that this year, so I'm starting early (and orderly). First up will be Thanksgiving Day, which comes in October for us Canadians.

I have a few projects planned, one of which is now finished. The Turkey Placemat is a free pattern that worked up quickly but was bigger than I had expected. I didn't like how the beak looked crocheted (and I didn't think I would like the feet), so I made it out of felt. I also didn't have any fall coloured variegated yarns, so I'm happy the purple-ly one I used looks good. There was a lot of improvisation for this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment