Monday 22 August 2016

August 2016 IHSW


IHSW was a success for me despite my allergies rearing its head: I achieved a finish and even started a new project. Unfortunately, today is rainy and cloudy, so I had to use the flash function on my camera.

My finish is a Deer Silhouette that I will be making into an ornament. I have plans to stitch a red one on green aida as well, to make a set. I found some really lovely felt last year that is all sparkly and Christmasy, which I will be using as the base. Can't wait. :)
I'm tempted to make a blue/white combo as well.

My brother's birthday is in October, and for the past few years now, he's asked for various different stitched Pokemon, but mostly for a Cyndaquil. So that is what I will be making for him this year. If I have enough time, I'll probably work on its evolutions as well.

This image is from "Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire"
This is the progress I made during IHSW.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent finish and nice start on the Pokemon. Are you using a pattern from Sprite Stitch or did you chart it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. As for the sprite, there's no pattern necessary. I just open the sprite in Paint.Net, zoom in, and throw a grid over it. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like your deer head - well done. Nor a Pokemon person, but I do like the colours on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reindeer is lovely and i can't wait to see it turned into an ornament with it's opposite match (i bet they'll be amazing) and a Blue/white will be gorgeous too. And nice start on the pokemon for your brother he's going to be thrilled :D

    ReplyDelete