Thursday 13 October 2016

Pre-IHSW October Update


Well, it's been a while since I last updated, mostly due to life and feeling ill. I've cross-stitched on and off these past few weeks, which I hope will pick up, since Christmas is fast approaching! I do have some WIPs today, and I am determined to make a lot of progress this weekend.


I'm nearly done the Cyndaquil for my brother's birthday, with only the skin tones left. I still have 12 days left before his b-day, so I'm very happy that it will be done early. I'm still deciding if I should frame it, or sew it into a pillow/hanging ornament. :)



I found this free pattern on Pinterest back in September. I thought it would be a quick and easy project that I could have finished by Halloween, but I got distracted by other projects. I don't know if that goal will still be met, haha!



And the final WIP is of a Christmas Sampler SAL featured in CrossStitcher. My local library gets the monthly issues which I discovered recently, so I'm scrambling to catch up (even though there's no need to be "caught up" :p ). I would very much like this complete for Christmas.

That's everything, so I will see you on Monday when IHSW ends. Good luck to everyone participating! :)

6 comments:

  1. How cool that your local library stocks Cross Stitcher magazines. Lovely progress pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great projects! I hope you meet your deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on all. I like the idea of a pillow hanging, that might be something he could hang on a doorknob or anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that was what I was thinking. He likes decorating his door. Right now it's a skull theme. :)

      Delete